Fond svjetske banke za jačanje statističkih kapaciteta (TFSCB)
The World Bank is seeking applications for its Trust Fund for Statistical Capacity Building (TFSCB) with an aim to improve the capacity of developing countries to produce and use statistics with an overall objective of supporting effective decision-making for development.
The Trust Fund for Statistical Capacity Building (TFSCB), a multi-donor trust fund, was established in 1999 by the Development Data Group of the World Bank to strengthen the capacity of statistical systems in developing countries.
The main aim of TFSCB is to improve statistical capacity in a sustainable manner. The resources provided must therefore be additional and cannot be used to replace national budgetary resources. In general, recipients are required to demonstrate their commitment to a proposed project by providing some contribution, either monetary or in-kind, to the overall costs. The maximum amount granted for any one proposal is specific to the type of project; however the maximum duration is two years with the possibility of a one year extension.
Types of Project
- Preparation and updating of National Strategies for the Development of Statistics (NSDS);
- Statistical Capacity Building activities in key priority areas within the framework of NSDS, regional, or global strategies, including the Busan Action Plan for Statistics (BAPS) and the post-2015 agenda; and
- Data Production in Key Areas (pilot)
- Innovations in Development Data (pilot)
Key Features of TFSCB
- Aims to achieve the PARIS21 vision and is a key component in supporting the implementation of the Busan Action Plan for Statistics.
- Fosters evidence-based policy making and effective monitoring.
- Promotes a strategic approach to the development of statistical capacity, supporting the preparation and implementation of nationally prepared and owned strategic statistical development plans.
- Provides an intervention mechanism to help initiate changes in policy and decision-making through improved availability and use of information and statistical data.
- Most projects operate at the national or sub-national level, but the trust fund can also support regional and global projects where there is a case made for intervention at this level.
- Improves the use of resources for development through better-informed decision making, resulting from improved statistical systems and hence better data quality and analysis.
- Promotes partnerships and improves coordination among local and international agencies and civil society organizations.
- All World Bank member countries are eligible to apply for TFSCB funding, with priority given to countries eligible for the support of the International Development Association (IDA).
- TFSCB funding can also be provided to sub-regional, regional and international organizations.
How to Apply
All proposals need to be submitted by a World Bank TTL and include a commitment for project supervision.
Deadline: 28 April 2017
For more information, please visit TFSCB.